Monday, July 14, 2008

Want some paranoia with that coffee? Well, if not, look away. Because it is percolating quite nicely around here.

So with the news that the Bush administration is not only aiding the mortgage industry after years of that group of individuals acting like cowboys on the high plains circa 1870, I am wondering who benefits the most.

Also there is news that Bush has lifted restrictions on off-shore drilling, despite estimates that it will take years for that oil to reach the market, if they find it quickly. I am wondering who benefits the most.

I have always approached this group of people with a sense of dread and caution (and thus have finally outed myself as a raving liberal, no?). Mainly because I believe that they use Machiavelli as textbook material- not Bush, he probably couldn't pronounce the name properly, but no doubt has a cliff notes version hidden away somewhere. Every move that they make appears calculated to me. I honestly have a strong suspicion that the current oil crisis is manufactured to provide an immense assist to the oil interests that helped get Bush elected. Something about that whole chummy relationship with his father and the Saudi royal family and all that. There is just too much back room snorgeling for my taste.

And it shouldn't surprise anyone, I suppose. Just that this was supposed to be the party that took big government out of our everyday affairs. But here it is. Big government is going to help with our banking, our gas and oil hunting, and will be able to listen to our phone conversations without much ado. I hope they enjoy mine. Very, very pleb. Nothing interesting at all. Pity the poor sot who has to monitor my life. Really do pity him/her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As James Hetfield from Metallica would say: "Abso-mothafuckin'-lutely!!!"

The saving grace is that yesterday's executive lift on the ban for offshore was mainly a ceremonious act, as Congress enacted a law that still is in place. I don't trust ANYone in government. I will come out and express my support for Obama, but don't think for one minute that I've lost sight of the fact that he's a Politician and all of these vermin belong in Dante's 5th circle with the Wrathful and Slothful and Sullen. Parasites! all of 'em.

slyboots2 said...

Good to know that I'm not the only wing nut in the place. But it does bother me- the bait and switch games going on. They seem so transparent to me- high-powered 3 card monty. And I just don't understand why no one else notices or appears to care. That is confusing. What happened to the kids who hated Nixon??? Actually, I know the answer to that. They got old and fat.