Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Mine eyes have seen the glory

Or not. Actually I feel the need to post because of popular demand. ok- I'll admit it, my sister wants me to post.

Friday of last week I scratched my cornea on a plant. Ah, sweet irony, why do you taunt me so? It was a lovely phalaenopsis spike, loaded with buds. About dropped me. Knocked a tiny chunck of my cornea out. Damn. Since Kenga was on the road, I whined around the house, not sleeping, moaning and bitching. Then he came home. Things hadn't improved. We had a full-on investigation of Seattle's emergency care system.

We filed into the U of W urgent care clinic, adroitly avoiding the homeless people, and waited. It wasn't as long as I thought it would be- about 90 minutes. Then the good Dr. saw me, put crap in my eye, looked at it under ultraviolet, said, "yup, there's a scratch there" and flushed it with saline. He gave me a perscription for antibiotic eye crap and sent me on my way. Said that asperin would take care of the pain. Bullshit I say. Oxycontin. Stat. But no.

So I got home, lubed up the eye and took one of my "only in emergencies" migraine pills. And slept for the next 17 hours straight. Woke up grumpy, and hungover. Felt like the bears must in the spring.

Went to bed early Sunday night. Slept in on Monday- still felt hungover. I had forgotten why the pills are for emergencies only. Because they not only take care of the pain, but knock me on my ass for a couple of days. I am so sensitive. Like a little flower. That hits you in the eye and scratches your bleeding cornea.

So now I'm fine. Eye feels better. Sleeping like a normal person again. But since my life was on hold for several days, not much happened to report on blog. Thus the silence. Which wasn't golden, just sleepy.

3 comments:

bedmonster said...

Hooray! I'm glad that the pill wore off and you're feeling better. I'm so sorry about your eye. I hope it heals quickly. I've never had anything happen to my cornea, but I've been told it's very painful. It's not like eyes were meant for bumpin'. Take it easy! No wrestling with plants until you're all better!

Anonymous said...

Sister dear!!

Yay!!! You saved me from the boredom of studying for business law! Actually, it's not so bad, I'm learning about defaulting on student loans, and how viscious the loan people are. Thanks for posting, I really just wanted to hear what was up with you, delicate flower. If you were a flower, I think you'd be one of those spotted orchids. They're funky and cool:). And pokey. I hope you're feeling better. I'll be feeling better tommorow night when I'm done with my HISTORY DEGREE! FOREVER! HAHAHA! Haha. Ha. Ok, miss you and love you lots, can't wait to see you at Christmas! Yay!!!!

slyboots2 said...

Yeah- makes a $5 sale plant really seem worth it in the long view. Just a stupid situation. Let that be a lesson to me.