Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"meet the new boss- same as the old boss..."

Um not really. Yesterday my boss quit the company. He had been there for 14 years, and was being primed for a big shift upward. He is moving his family to Africa, where they will work with a group of their friends on a business incubation foundation in Rwanda. I can't criticize that- it is a lofty goal.

I however, have a lot to think about. There are a lot of unanswered questions. But the good news, and why I am not panicking and looking for a job is that they have lined up a bunch of supporters (including a VP) who are working on recasting my job and keeping me on the team. I can only feel flattered by their efforts- it really does mean something when it would be easier to just get rid of me. I get to meet with my new manager (who I have known forever, not who I would've chosen necessarily, but a good surprise choice nevertheless), today and we will begin this thing.

Interesting times, no?

3 comments:

A. Fox said...

Hm, interesting indeed! Thanks for the call, I'll let you know. you are too kind:) We'll have to catch up soon!

kim wells said...

Good luck with it!

(S)wine said...

and the conveyor belt never stops; only the cast of characters changes.

much luck, indeed!