Sunday, March 01, 2009

Following my own damned advice

There was a little girl named Poppy. I love the name Poppy. It sings. It reminds me of food.

She stank. No one knew why Poppy stank, but she stank. (full disclosure- Poppy is the cousin of a childhood friend of Kman)

So Poppy stank. The teachers called her parents, and told them that Poppy stank. Her parents, mortified, did everything that they could think of. They bathed Poppy. They perfumed Poppy. They watched what Poppy ate. Nothing worked. Poppy still stank.

Rather than raise a permanently stinking daughter, they finally took Poppy to the doctor. The doctor was perplexed. Finally the doctor had an idea. He took an xray of Poppy's head. Then he operated on her head.

Seems that months and months ago, Poppy had stuck a couple of paper drinking-straw wrappers up her nose. There the wrappers had rotted in her sinuses. And made her stink. The doctor removed the wrappers surgically and treated the infection that had caused the prodigious smell.

Poppy didn't stink any more.

4 comments:

kim wells said...

Yup. I've heard of incidents like that. You never do know what kids will stick up their noses. I put a rock up there when I was, oh, five or so. But at least it didn't stink!!

If she smelled bad to everyone else, imagine what she was smelling! Oy Vay!

Anonymous said...

yo, that's f-ed.
Poppy will forever remind me of the character on Seinfeld who doesn't wash his hands after visiting ye olde washroom.

Livinia Redlips said...

Same story as my hair dressers kid - his was a piece of string...

slyboots2 said...

I just love the name Poppy. And that she stank. And was the cousin of a friend. Why Poppy stank is the name we generally assign this story.