Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Sweet Jesus. I am listening to the news. They are discussing cost cutting whilst going out to eat. "Choose an appetizer as a main course." "Don't pick up the tab, share the cost." "Drink water."

How about this, just eat at home if you can't afford to dine out? Ya think?

I am getting frustrated by the whole economic thing. I get very full of rage (chock full o' rage) when I think about bailing out people who don't have the sense to not spend what they don't have. Especially when that sense of entitlement is involved.

Oh, now see, here we go. All up in the judgment space. This is where I am very comfortable, feeling all superior. But I don't really like this place. Not really. Because I know that it is mean. And I know that it is transparent. The same scrutiny that I pull on others doesn't look so good when I apply it inward. Oh my, yes.

Now since I haven't achieved my Zen master state yet, these are the pitfalls I get to fall into on a daily basis. Like everyone, no? And I will admit that I haven't been knowingly working towards Zen master. Looks a little unlikely.

Now Jedi master, maybe. There are a couple of Jedi mind tricks that I have up my sleeve. But just talking about them makes me so very not a Jedi.

And this is getting stupid. I am going to work now. Where I can put on my game face, spread joy and sunshine, and polish up the Jedi mind tricks on the unsuspecting populace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i noticed in the NY Times lately that they're doing write-ups on restaurants being nice to customers, accommodating, etc. it's to stir up the economy; in effect sending the message: go out and spend/eat, to stimulate the economy, instead of fucking staying at home and saving. americans are retards...you know, generally speaking.

Anonymous said...

i noticed in the NY Times lately that they're doing write-ups on restaurants being nice to customers, accommodating, etc. it's to stir up the economy; in effect sending the message: go out and spend/eat, to stimulate the economy, instead of fucking staying at home and saving. americans are retards...you know, generally speaking.

Anonymous said...

You know, Santa gave me a Microsoft Zen Garden for Christmas, and it really helps me achieve Zen master state! You should look into it;)

kim wells said...

What I hate about this economy thing is that it's not really any different here where I live. The economy already sucked here. BUT, because everyone THINKS it's different because of all the news, everyone's freaking out. And so, budget cuts and having to listen to people go on and on and on about the difference. (Not in the way you did-- but in the way you're complaning about.) I agree. Don't eat out as much, but then, now that I think of it, that messes with the people who work there... aaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

You just can't help it sometimes.

deep cleansing breath. :)