Monday, July 27, 2009

Apologies in advance. I am going to discuss the weather. One of my least favorite conversational topics, by the by. I absolutely loathe small talk. I think it diminishes people and makes real communication impossible. Mainly because it passes as communication, when all it is is a bunch of coded words meaning basically nothing establishing a context.

So it's bloody hot here. Not something we are used to. So not sleeping horribly well- I hate sleeping with a fan. It keeps me awake with the noise. I have never been able to sleep with music in the room. It keeps me awake following the songs. With the sole exception of Sigur Ros. I suspect that is Icelandic magic at work, but can't follow that up with a scientific study.

I have also determined with certainty that I could be broken quite easily with sleep deprivation as the instrument of torture. Scarily easy. So I start the week feeling a tad....volatile. They are lucky. So very lucky.

4 comments:

kim wells said...

I think there's a difference between really talking about the weather and the issues it gives you and small talk "hot enough for ya?" sort of weather talk.

And yes. It has been hot enough for me. :)

A. Fox said...

So....how have the roads been? :)

(S)wine said...

i tell ya, the complete opposite for us; it's like we're sleeping w/jet engines blowing. fans schmans, they're not loud enough. we both have our own sound machines on either side of our bed, and we both crank up the white noise mode to ungodly levels. and if that doesn't make you laugh, Gillian also sleeps with a sound machine set on white noise. and hers is louder than both of ours combined! we are weird, yes. but you still like us. right?

slyboots2 said...

I still like everyone. Just not today so much. Need to actually sleep before I like anyone very much. Or maybe just stay drunk all the time. Then I would likely just pass out from dehydration and all would be well for a while. Not a good career move, I suspect. Strike that.